Tuesday, April 13, 2010

iSeries - uno

After having bitten by it once, i never really had the guts nor did i really want to experiment with it again. I was really happy that life was coming back again, and along with it was the return of the prankster within, the return of the carefree, risk taker that I always used to be. The world was coming to a halt as I continued to sink in the thoughts that were just as appeasing now, as they were painful at birth. But, thats the way He wants us to lead life. And the waves splashed into the tetrapods, right in front of me as the track changed to another of the legendary classics by Pink Floyd. Shine on you crazy diamond. And I was going down once again with all the tranquility inside me while being at one of the noisiest streets in town. Such irony! Such experience! As the song started, the leisurely playing of the strings, the calmness of the atmosphere, the steady rise and the sequence of its happenings were strong. Strong enough for life to drown me back. The memories flashed. The stupidity, the foolishness, the boyishness and the blunders all smiled in unison. And not staying behind, the eye responded. For once, salt tasted sweet. The tempo was rising. The last minute prayers, the most important and the most influential persons flashed in front of me. The eye responded yet again. With hands trembling, I sent apologies to one and all. I was all ready, ready to end it all. Ready to plunge into the well of life, ready to suffocate myself and embrace the worst possible means of meeting death. Yes, I was about to commit a crime. About to end myself. And I was going down once again with all the tranquility inside me while being at one of the noisiest streets in town. Such irony! Such experience!
 

" Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine! "

The power broke my resilience. It brought me the needed time. It brought along with itself the reasons I had not been exposed to. And it took away with it, a fan, whose liking changed into love. Not only did it sting me at the right spot and at the right time, but it also made me realise the value of life. My life. For me, for present, it might be nothing. But for those people, for whom I might be everything, it does have some value. I could not be so mean. I could not be so selfish. I had to accept the truth and run over it. I changed my decision, momentarily, postponed it.

" O.K., just a little pin prick
There'll be no more, 'Aaahhhh,'
But you may feel a little sick

Can you stand up? I do believe it's working, good;
That'll keep you going through the show,
C'mon, it's time to go "

 
I started to move. My legs, with a new found energy, were no longer shaky. I walked on a new path. Nothing seemed to exist around me a little while ago. I felt reborn. Rejuvenation. The entire string of happenings made me laugh. It was not long before I halted again. The Sun smiled, as it set.

4 comments:

sweetest sin said...

Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
rode on the steel breeze.

Pooja Majage said...

Just a SMILE from me... :)

silent thoughts said...

in the end all i could feel was the pin prick. which hurt a lot. Just that tiny little wound that bled a lot. Just that pain that engulfed the life a lot. Lovely post ya. Am still thinking abt the crazy diamond....

Anonymous said...

believe me I was thinking of writing a similar kind since over a month bt I always fell short of words to describe tht.. I m glad to read this post & I wont put nymore effort to write any & thts the token of appreciation I cn offer to u :)